go to link COMPOSITION
- Each Conzyme 5mg enteric coated tablet contains serratiopeptidase 5mg (10,000 units).
- Each Conzyme 10mg enteric coated tablet contains serratiopeptidase 10mg (20,000 units).
- Each Conzyme 15mg enteric coated tablet contains serratiopeptidase 15mg (30,000 units).
- Each Conzyme SR 30mg slow release tablet contains serratiopeptidase 30mg (60,000 units).
go here DESCRIPTION
follow url Serratiopeptidase is a proteolytic enzyme. It has high enzyme activities including potent anti-inflammatory, anti-tumefacient, bradykinin decomposing, mucolytic and fibrinolytic actions.
see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
The mechanism of action of serratiopeptidase appears to be hydrolysis of histamine, bradykinin and serotonin. Serratiopeptidase also has a proteolytic and fibrinolytic effect. This is achieved by dissolving the complement (specific proteins responsible for inflammation) and increasing the plasmin activity by inhibiting the plasmin inactivators.
By the aforementioned mechanisms, serratiopeptidase reduces capillary permeability induced by histamine, bradykinin and serotonin; breaks down abnormal exudates and proteins; facilitates the absorption of decomposed products through blood and lymphatics. Thus, serratiopeptidase promotes wound healing and repair, and restores the skin temperature of the inflamed area, burn or trauma to normal.
Serratiopeptidase is well absorbed orally when formulated with an enteric coating. After oral administration, the peak concentration in the blood and lymph was attained less than one hour after administration.
- Conzyme is indicated for the treatment of the following inflammatory conditions:
- Surgery: Post-operative edema and hematoma, remission of swelling after surgical stitching, resolution of tissue drainage, ease in post anesthetic sputum expectoration.
- Otorhinolaryngology: Acute & chronic sinusitis, otitis media, acute tonsillitis, laryngitis, pharyngitis, rhinopharyngitis, inflammation of eustachian tube, post nasal drip, nasal obstruction.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology: Mastopathy, salpingitis, lateral episiotomy, perineal laceration.
- Orthopedics: Rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, orthopedic surgery, bone fracture, tendonitis, ecchymosis, sprains.
- Dentistry and Oral Surgery: Inflammation of gums, periodontosis, alveolar abscess, alveolar fracture and tooth fracture after exodontia, surgery of the buccal area.
- Pneumology: Bronchitis, bronchiectasis, difficulty of expectoration in bronchitis, pulmonary tuberculosis and bronchial asthma, inadequate expectoration of sputum after anesthesia.
- Serratiopeptidase increases the penetration of antibiotic when given concomitantly.